Saturday, January 22, 2011

Miracles are evidence of Faith and God’s Power

Here are some of the many Miracles that Christ performed during his ministry:

Reference

Miracles of the

Lord

Who Demonstrated Faith

Matt 8:1-4

Healed a Leper

The Leper

Matt 8:5-13

Healing of a servant sick of the palsy or paralysis

The Centurion

Matt 8:14-15

Healing of Peter’s mother-in-law who was sick with fever

Peter, the mother-in-law

Matt 8:16

Many who were possessed with devils were healed and the spirits cast out

All those to came to Christ that were sick

Matt 8:23-27

Christ calms the Sea

Christ’s disciples by waking and coming to Christ

Matt 8:28-34

Christ casts out evil spirits of two men and they went into a herd of swine

The Devils sort of did. They recognized Christ and his power

Matt 9:20-22;

Mark 5:25-34

A woman diseased with an issue of blood is healed by merely touching Christ’s garment.

The woman

Matt 9:27-31

Two blind men are healed

The two men

Mark 2:1-12

A man sick with palsy is healed and his sins are also forgiven him

The man with palsy, & the men who carried him

After reading through many of the miracles that Christ performs, it sometimes amazes me with how much compassion, patience, and love he had for those that came to him in need. I know that he treats me in the same way when I go to him with my trials and I know that he welcomes me with open arms even if it seems I don’t deserve it. People came to him a lot even when he was “busy” doing something else, but he always took the time for others. It also gives me faith to know that with Christ’s help, we are able to overcome anything. I don’t know if I would have as great of faith as some of those who were healed had, but I do have faith enough to know that Christ can help me in my weaknesses because he understands what I am going though. He loves me and is there to strengthen me and lift me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment